Frequent Questions

How can small businesses get involved in the Superfund program?

There are a variety of ways for small businesses to become involved in Superfund activities. If your business is in a town where a Superfund hazardous waste site cleanup is occurring, support your community by becoming actively involved in the Superfund decision-making process. You may join an EPA Community Advisory Group (CAG), a DOE Site Specific Advisory Board, or a DOD Restoration Advisory Board (RAB), or other citizen groups that may exist in your community.

If you are a Potentially Responsible Party, you may be interested in the Superfund Enforcement Program.

If you would like to explore the idea of turning a Superfund site into a useful, productive part of your community, please see the Superfund Redevelopment Initiative site to learn more about the options available to you.

If you know of a site that you suspect is contaminated by hazardous waste, report it to the National Response Center Hotline 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-800-424-8802.






Have more questions? Submit a request