The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) regulates the identification, transportation, treatment, storage, and disposal of solid and hazardous wastes. The act regulates such matters as:
- Hazardous waste generators and transporters;
- Land disposal restrictions (LDR);
- Federal procurement of products that contain recycled materials;
- Municipal solid waste landfill criteria;
- Solid and hazardous waste recycling;
- Treatment, storage and disposal facilities; and
- Waste minimization and hazardous waste combustion.