Frequent Questions

How can I find actual documents for a site, such as permits and notices?

The documents for a site reside in the appropriate EPA Regional office. To request documents, submit a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request to that site's Regional office. For sites that are on the National Priorities List (NPL), EPA has also established an information repository, generally a library, in the community. To find out the location of the information repository in your community, contact your Regional Community Involvement Coordinator.

Have more questions? Submit a request