Frequent Questions

How do I find out the status of a particular Superfund site?

SEMS reports contain information on site inspections, preliminary assessments, and the remediation of current and archived hazardous waste sites.

If you would like the status and a summary of the details of the cleanup, see Superfund Site Information.

Former Superfund sites that are no longer of interest to EPA are called "archived" sites. The quickest way to find information on a specific SEMS archived site is to visit the SEMS Archive page and select the state and city/county of the archived site(s) you are seeking. This page provides brief site information in a report format: the site name, address, EPA ID, EPA Region, county, and the Superfund activities that were conducted at the site prior to be being archived. To obtain information on why a site was archived, contact the Remedial Project Manager listed. If one is not available, please reach out to the Regional Superfund Community Involvement Coordinator for more information.
You can also obtain a list of recently archived sites from National Technical Information Service (NTIS) Exit Disclaimer by contacting them at 1-800-553-6847 or (703) 487-4650.

To get a map of a site, use the Map by Geography feature of EnviroMapper.

Have more questions? Submit a request